Prescott Circus Theatre has year-round opportunities to get involved to support our children and organization. Current opportunities are listed below:
Resident Teaching Artists for our 2023-2024 Season
Click here to read and download the Teaching Artist Job Description
- Oakland public school sites
- School day and after school residencies
- Weekly teaching artist cohort check-ins and opportunities for paid professional development
- Programs enroll students in grades 3 – 6 (ages 8 – 11 years old)
- Classes range from 12 – 25 students.
- Working collaboratively with other teaching artists and educators.
- Minimum of two adults in each class.
- $45 – $50/hr – direct services (DOE) (2.5 – 3 hours minimum for 1.5 – 2-hour classes).
- $25/hr, meetings and prep
Rotating Specialty Teaching Artists CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD FULL DESCRIPTION Ongoing
1 – 4 afternoons / week varying week to week. Flexible schedule
Skills: Acrobatics, juggling, creative movement, dance, rola-bola / rolling globe, clowning/character improvisation, theater creation, and stilt walking (will train an experienced coach in PCT’s stilt curriculum).
Qualifications: Strong skills in one’s discipline and demonstrated experience leading short and/or long term sessions for children ages 8 – 16 years old.
Preferences: Demonstrated performing experience. Ability to facilitate youth-led circus act creation. Experience working and /or teaching in multicultural settings.
Specialty artists rotate throughout our afterschool and school day programs to teach students fundamental skills, establish structures for practice with the resident artist/leading teacher, and, at times, assist with act creation. Instruction at sites to take place in 2-3 week blocks (1 – 5 sessions) with possible follow up visits to support act building and show production.
Prescott Circus Theatre values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, BIPOC, LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities, and members of ethnic minorities to apply. Prescott Circus Theatre is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.