More information: www.prescottcircus.org/getinvolved
Prescott Circus Theatre is seeking circus, movement, and theater teaching artists with a passion for working with youth.
We are seeking leading teaching artists and specialty guest artists for select school sites in Oakland for one+ semester programs taking place 1-2 afternoons each week. PCT teaching artists guide youth participants through fostering supportive relationships, building new skills, and creating original circus and theatre performances. As a social circus program, our Teaching Artists prioritize the daily relational and creative process over “product” while holding high expectations of our students and of ourselves. www.prescottcircus.org/getinvolved
Resident Teaching Artists
- Immediately! January – May 2023
- Oakland public school sites
- Two+ afternoons per week
- Weekly teaching artist cohort check-ins and opportunities for paid professional development
- Programs enroll students in grades 3 – 6 (ages 8 – 11 years old)
- Classes range from 12 – 25 students.
- Working collaboratively with other teaching artists and educators.
- Minimum of two adults in each class.
- $45 – $50/hr DOE – direct services (2.5 – 3 hours minimum for 1.5 – 2-hour classes). $25/hr, meetings and prep
Rotating Specialty Teaching Artists
- Immediately – Summer 2023
- 1 – 4 afternoons / week varying week to week. Flexible schedule
Skills: Acrobatics, juggling, creative movement, dance, rola-bola / rolling globe, clowning/character improvisation, theater creation, and stilt walking (will train an experienced coach in PCT’s stilt curriculum).
Qualifications: Strong skills in one’s discipline and demonstrated experience leading short and/or long term sessions for children ages 8 – 16 years old.
Preferences: Demonstrated performing experience. Ability to facilitate youth-led circus act creation. Experience working and /or teaching in multicultural settings. Specialty artists rotate throughout our afterschool and school day programs to teach students fundamental skills, establish structures for practice with the resident artist/leading teacher, and, at times, assist with act creation. Instruction at sites to take place in 2-3 week blocks (1 – 5 sessions) with possible follow up visits to support act building and show production.
How to Apply: www.prescottcircus.org/getinvolved